Rain, wind, hail, mud and dust can take their toll on your vehicle. Over time, exposure to the elements can remove the shine from your paint job and take away your vehicle’s luster. Fortunately, you can take steps to protect your car and keep your paint job looking sharp. Use the following tips from your local experts in auto detailing in Walnut, CA to preserve your vehicle’s appearance:
- Wash it: Experts report that washing your car regularly is one of the most important things you can do to preserve the paint job. This keeps your car clear from the debris that has accumulated on its surface. If this grime is allowed to sit on the paint, it can wear away at the finish, causing corrosion.
- Hand-wash it: For these regular washes, it’s best to do them by hand. Automated car washes can be harsh on your vehicle. The chemicals, brushes and sprays often cause damage. For better protection, give your car a traditional hand wash. Use a microfiber wash pad or mitt and an appropriate car wash detergent that is properly pH balanced.
- Wax it: After you clean your car, applying a coat of quality wax can add protection and help the vehicle maintain its shine. Choose a product that is recommended by your local provider of auto detailing in Walnut, CA. Keep the vehicle cool and shaded while you are waxing. Apply the wax in circular motions, let it dry for one minute, then wipe away the hazy residue with a dry microfiber cloth, again using circular motions.
- Shade it: Exposure to the sun is another potentially damaging element. If your car will be parked for long periods of time, find an enclosure. If a garage or carport is not available, at least choose a shaded spot. However, try to avoid parking under trees. Birds and insects among the branches are likely to drop unwanted gifts on your car.
- Seal it: For those who don’t have time to wash their car regularly, paint protecting sealant can be a good option. This coating can help preserve the car’s paint job. It must be applied correctly to prevent damage to the vehicle, so the application is best left to professionals in auto detailing in Walnut, CA.
- Repair it: A scratch on your car does not have to be permanent. Small, light scratches can often be removed with a hand polish or scratch remover. Professional auto detailing in Walnut, CA can take care of small to large scratches with expert precision to make your car look new again.
Would you like to keep your car looking brand new? Whether your vehicle has suffered damage in an accident or is simply showing wear and tear from use, auto detailing in Walnut, CA can restore your vehicle’s shine And repair all the dents. Contact the auto detailing experts at Pete’s Auto Body today to restore your car and protect it from future damage. Reach our team by phone with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to partnering with you to keep your car in top condition.
Categorised in: Auto Detailing
This post was written by Writer