Getting into a car accident is always going to be a stressful experience, but it can be even worse if you’re uninformed about what to expect in the aftermath. There are many myths about the world of collision repair that only serve to add to the stress of people who have recently been involved in car accidents.
Here are a few of the most common myths about auto collision repair in Walnut, CA and the truths behind them:
- The insurance company will choose your auto body shop: While your insurance company will likely offer you some references for auto body shops, you are under no obligation to use any of them. The choice is yours and yours alone. In addition, no matter which shop you choose, the insurance company must negotiate with the shop on the amount it will charge for repairs, even if your chosen auto body shop gives you a higher quote than one referred by the insurance company.
- Insurance companies will cover all types of damage to your vehicle: Unfortunately, this isn’t true, so it’s important to go into the process completely aware of what is and is not going to be covered under your insurance. You’ll need to review the specific stipulations of your insurance policy, including your liability, collision, comprehensive, personal injury and uninsured motorist protections. You might be covered for everything, or you might not—everyone’s case is different.
- Only the dealer will be able to restore your vehicle to its prior condition: This is not true—you’ll be able to find many high-quality collision repair shops that have the OEM parts for your vehicle (or aftermarket parts, if you wish to use them) in addition to the expertise needed to make your vehicle look new again. Just do your research and make sure any collision repair shop you choose has an excellent reputation for the quality of its work.
- Your car will never be the same again: Cars can sustain some significant damage in auto accidents, but the right auto repair shop will be able to bring it back to its previous condition. That doesn’t just mean it’ll look great again (though it will), but also that the technicians will be able to restore all functionality and safety features, as well.
- You’ll void your warranty if you don’t follow insurance recommendations: This is simply not true. The shop will warranty the repairs on your vehicle—that’s not the insurance company’s job. Therefore, make sure you’ve selected a shop that will guarantee warranties on its work for the vehicle’s lifetime. This will give you a little extra peace of mind once you start driving your car again.
Want to know more about our capabilities with regard to auto collision repair in Walnut, CA? We encourage you to reach out to the professional auto repair technicians at Pete’s Auto Body today and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about our services. Don’t delay in getting your car restored to its prior condition!
Categorised in: Auto Collision Repair
This post was written by Writer