So, you’re taking your car in for auto body repair in Walnut, CA. You know it needs quite a bit of work, but does it need an alignment? How can you tell? There are several common indicators that your tires need an alignment. Look for the following signs that it’s time to realign:
- Uneven tread wear: Inspect the tread on your tires. If the tires are properly aligned, the tread wear should occur in a typical, even pattern. If you notice this is not the case, your vehicle probably needs an alignment. Consult with a technician for auto body repair in Walnut, CA to correct the issue. It’s important to take care of this problem, because uneven wear can lead to tire blowouts.
- Pulling: Does your vehicle tend to pull to the left or right while you are driving? If you notice this tendency, don’t ignore it and continue correcting as you drive. This problem indicates you need an alignment. The pulling is caused by the vehicle being out of alignment and should be corrected before problems worsen.
- Crooked steering wheel: While driving straight, take a look at your steering wheel. Is it centered? If it is off center, this indicates you need an alignment from your auto body repair shop in Walnut, CA. If the vehicle were properly aligned, your wheel would be dead-on center while driving straight.
- Vibrating steering wheel: If you experience steering wheel vibration, this is often due to alignment issues. Your shaking hands indicate it’s time for an alignment. Consult with your local experts in auto body repair in Walnut, CA to confirm the issue and make the necessary adjustments.
- Squealing tires: Do your tires squeal? It might be hard to distinguish this noise from other sounds that emit from your car. Squeaking brakes are a different issue. Engine noises are yet another issue. However, if your tires squeal, this can indicate it’s time for an alignment.
- New tires: If you buy new tires for your vehicle, it’s automatically time for an alignment. This should be done to ensure the new tires don’t immediately begin to wear unevenly. If you’re going to invest in new tires, get the most life out of them by completing an alignment, too.
- Time: How long has it been since you completed an alignment for your vehicle? This maintenance item should be checked regularly. Even if you don’t need any other auto body repair in Walnut, CA, have the alignment checked each year. This is often completed when you have your tires rotated, which should also be done on at least an annual basis.
If you suspect it’s time for an alignment, contact your local shop for auto body repair in Walnut, CA. The team at Pete’s Auto Body is ready to assist you. We will inspect your car to determine if you need an alignment, then make any adjustments needed to ensure optimal performance for your vehicle. Reach out to us today with any questions or to schedule your next appointment!
Categorised in: Auto Body Repair
This post was written by Writer